Wednesday, June 12, 2013

How Old Are Your Kids?

I love it when people just assume you have children.  I would love to answer the above question with,  84 and almost 2 and a half..... In dog years, but I just politely answer,  I don't have any kids.  What comes next is the look of,  "she's pretty old,  she must be barren. I feel sorry for her. "
All my friends who have kids are always running to activities,  doing homework,  or desperately trying to find a baby sitter to have their first adult night out in years.  Honestly, I don't know how I could manage it with the job, hell as I like to refer to it.  I'm required to work 3 Saturdays a month and one Sunday,  or more per needs of the business.  That usually equates to 3 Saturdays AND 3 Sundays a month.  My new boss is a policy nazi (go ahead and be offended) and recently chastised me for not working my expected 3 Saturdays. I'm so tempted to call in every Saturday for the next month.  I know,  I know,  I know the expectations,  but what about the other managers with kids who have to call in when their kid is sick,  or they have to leave early because their kid is graduating from 2nd grade and they have to be there. By the way,  WHY IN THE HELL DO KIDS HAVE A GRADUATION CEREMONY  FOR EVERY FUCKING GRADE?!   The expectations suddenly change when you throw a kid or kids in the mix. I think I need to write my congressmen and propose a new law to protect people who don't have kids.  Oh maybe make it mandatory  that people working full time jobs with no kids be compensated for the time they are at work over what their counterparts work.  I think a fair rate would be 10 percent of their yearly wage. Who's signing my petition?

1 comment: