Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail, Hopping Down the Barbecue Trail

No, this post is not about barbecue rabbit.  With that said, we can proceed.

My Sweet Babboo and I LOVE barbecue.  In the summer we barbecue epic goodness every weekend. The usual suspects you can find in the smoker are beef brisket, pork shoulder, ribs, and chicken wings.  We also do beer can chicken, kabobs, veggies, hot dogs, burgers, jalapeno poppers, and the list goes on and on.  I can't forget the corn bread and coleslaw, which are a must as sides for any barbecue.





The only logical theme for Babboo's Easter basket is, you guessed it, barbecue.  So far I have purchased a gallon of original sauce and a small bottle of heavy garlic barbecue sauce from the Goode Company out of Houston Texas.  Our friends invited us over for dinner one night and we had beef brisket with the original barbecue sauce and we were hooked.  Goode Company also sells rubs, pecan pies, brisket, ribs, sausage, and pralines, just to name a few.  I figured a gallon of sauce is a good start.  If you like a smokey flavored sauce, this is a good one to try.  We've never had the heavy garlic sauce, but it sounded yummy, so I got a small bottle of that.

Next on the list is some goodies from Cherith Valley Gardens.  We used to carry this company's products at Pier 1, and I absolutely loved the ketchup.  Of course I ordered a bottle of ketchup for me, hot and spicy sweet jalapenos, and jalapeno cilantro mustard.  Babboo likes jalapeno and I thought we could maybe do the hot and spicy sweet jalapenos in corn bread and use the jalapeno cilantro mustard in potato salad.

 I also bought some bamboo skewers, and I'm thinking I'll get a new apron, if I can find something good.  All of it is going in the galvanized drink bucket I bought last year with a few bags of wood chips as the filler.

1 comment: