Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Dread and Loathing in the Mitten

As I sit here waiting for Babboo to finish his shower, I am dreading, DREADING, going to work.  For those of you that don't know or haven't read a single post here, I work in retail. I have to deal with every center of the universe who are "always right."  It has taken it's toll on me.  I have been in retail for 16+ years, yes 16!  The holiday time when you are spending time with family or having a summer party I am at work, hating life, adding to my wrinkles and gray hair.

I continue to look for a new job outside of retail, something I will, at least, semi-enjoy, something that allows me to enjoy some holidays, and something that pays the bills.  I would love to work for myself.  Babboo asked, "can't you do something crafty and sell it?" Sure (as I think to myself, I'm Martha Fucking Stewart) I could do that, but do you think it would pay the bills, or even touch paying for insurance?  Yeah, me neither.

So at the conclusion of this post, I will spend some time looking for a job, like I do everyday, only to be frustrated when the listing says, "100 years of experience needed, must speak 3 languages, must work nights, weekends, and holidays.  This is a part-time job that pays minimum wage."  Then I must get ready to spend 1-11pm in hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment