I've said a
I've been trying to build my reader base and these are a few things I've learned.
- Find blogs that are similar to yours and comment on posts that "speak to you." Not only will people see your comment that has a link to your blog, you will find people of like mind and probably find even more blogs to read and love.
- Tell your friends about your blog. This one can be tricky because some people divulge a little more information about their lives when they know only strangers are reading it. When you are aware of your audience, you are less likely to speak the truth. I guess this will depend on the type of blogging you are doing. A crafty or cooking blog won't be judged like a true life "diary." Me, I just go for it.
- Utilize social media. Share your posts on Facebook (see #2), add your blog address everywhere you can, your Twitter page, your Instagram Page, on Google+....
- Hashtags are our friends. I won't go into the lengthy way hashtags work, so go Google it yourself, and start using them.
- If you post a picture on your blog, pin it on Pinterest.
Also, don't try to be someone you're not. Just like i life, your true self will always reveal itself.