Tuesday, May 27, 2014

How To Get People to Stalk You

Blogging can be therapeutic.  It can be frustrating, especially when you have no clue what to write about, or you get some smart ass making stupid comments on your posts.  Blogs come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.  Some choose to write about their lives in a comedic way.  Some have cooking blogs, with recipes and pictures of their creations.  Some are crafty blogs.  Some are decorating blogs.  There's a blog for whatever tickles your fancy.

I've said a hundred million times, "if I could stay home, write my blog, craft, and get paid for it, I would have my dream job."  The problem with that is, people need to read the blog, lots of people, so I can make money doing it.

I've been trying to build my reader base and these are a few things I've learned.

  1. Find blogs that are similar to yours and comment on posts that "speak to you."  Not only will people see your comment that has a link to your blog, you will find people of like mind and probably find even more blogs to read and love.
  2. Tell your friends about your blog.  This one can be tricky because some people divulge a little more information about their lives when they know only strangers are reading it.  When you are aware of your audience, you are less likely to speak the truth.  I guess this will depend on the type of blogging you are doing.  A crafty or cooking blog won't be judged like a true life "diary."  Me, I just go for it.
  3. Utilize social media.  Share your posts on Facebook (see #2), add your blog address everywhere you can, your Twitter page, your Instagram Page, on Google+....  
  4. Hashtags are our friends.  I won't go into the lengthy way hashtags work, so go Google it yourself, and start using them.
  5. If you post a picture on your blog, pin it on Pinterest.  
Also, don't try to be someone you're not.  Just like i life, your true self will always reveal itself.

1 comment: