Monday, May 19, 2014

It's Your Wedding, But I'll Buy What I Want To, Buy What I Want To, Buy What I Want To....

I work at a place where we have a gift registry and a lot of people come to register for weddings there.  It kills me when someone comes in to buy a gift and they criticize what the couple has registered for.  Mostly they will criticize the bride by saying, "what was she thinking when she registered for this?"  I guess the groom is left out because boys have no taste anyway and it was just the bride scanning all the towels, gadgets, and dinnerware.  It drives me absolutely ape shit that I have to hear, "that is so ugly. I don't want to buy that for them.  I'll just buy what I want."  Not to say I haven't thought to myself, why would someone put together those color of towels, but I'm not putting them in my bathroom, so I really don't give a shit if someone else is.

The thing is, they registered for it, they want it.  They don't want the tan towels you like better or the other wine glasses.  They want what they want.  So the next time you go into a store to buy a shower gift or wedding gift, just buy something off the registry and keep your tastes to yourself.  Can you imagine what a pain in the ass it would be, if everyone just bought what they wanted.  You'd have to haul all the gifts back to the store to exchange them for what you registered for in the first place.  Stop being a selfish ASS.

No comments:

Post a Comment