Sunday, May 4, 2014

Why I Am

My sweet Babboo likes to go to concerts.  The list of concerts I have been to, since we've been together (a little over two years), is quite impressive.

  1. Van Halen 
  2. Smashing Pumpkins
  3. Rush
  4. Alan Jackson
  5. John Mayer with Phillip Phillips (twice)
  6. Bob Seger
  7. Billy Joel
  8. George Strait
  9. and probably a few I might be forgetting

I love DMB, which is Dave Matthews Band to all you non-fans (not dirty man balls, which my best friend says).  It's been awhile since I've been to a DMB show, but Babboo has ended the drought with tickets for a show in June.  I was super geeked when he told me he had bought tickets, but I was even more exited when I read about the show on the venue's website.


“A Very Special Evening with Dave Matthews Band” will feature the group delivering two sets each night, performing songs spanning the band’s career. The group will wind through numerous configurations – from electric to acoustic, from full-throttle numbers featuring the entire band to more intimate moments featuring small groups of band members – including a stripped-down pairing of Matthews with guitarist Tim Reynolds, performing as an acoustic duo, as they occasionally do when the band is off the road. A variety of guests will join the band throughout the summer.

First thing I was excited about, "songs spanning the band's career."  The second thing, and what I am over the moon about, Tim Reynolds and Dave "performing as an acoustic duo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  I can't wait!!!!!!  The other concerts we are going to have NOTHING on this one, NOTHING.  The only thing that could possibly make it better, if the show was at Red Rocks.  I'll post picture during and after the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment