Friday, June 20, 2014

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness

I have no excuses not to have a spotless house any longer.  My only job is finding another job and I currently have an office at home to do that.
So today I am on a mission to pick a room and make it perfect and tomorrow another room, another vision of perfection, and so on until everything is organized, clean, and smelling like fresh laundry.
The basement is not included in this equation.  The basement is a hot mess.  It has been the dumping ground for stuff since Babboo moved in.
My problem is my OCD/ADD.  I will start to clean something and want it to be perfect, but in the midst of doing one thing I notice another area that needs attention and I will start on something else without finishing the first.  Before I know it, everything is pulled out of the closet and dresser, the mop is in one corner of the room, the vacuum is in the middle of the room, and there are a million paper towels everywhere because I can't find the trash bag.
Here's the plan, I figure if I post it for the world to see, I will actually adhere to it, MAYBE.
Friday: Kitchen
Saturday & Sunday: Optional (a girl needs a weekend off)
Monday: Game Room
Tuesday: Den
Wednesday: Laundry Room & Half Bath
Thursday: Master Bedroom and Bath
Friday:  Both Upstairs Bedrooms and Bath
Saturday: Dining Room  (Possibly)
Sunday: Office (Possibly) again a girl needs a weekend off

I'm sure by the time I've finished I'm going to have to start all over again.  But I will reward myself with a manicure and pedicure first.  Maybe I will have a job prospect by then and I will hire the maid I've always wanted.  Or win the lottery, or someone will find the blog and I'll go viral and become a full time blogger / house-girlfriend.  I can't say housewife or Babboo might freak.

After my cleaning spree, you'll probably see more pictures posted here, on the Book Face, Twitter or Instagram.  Currently I will scan the background of pictures for laundry, dirt, piles of mail or dishes and won't post most pictures unless I can crop those out.

No comments:

Post a Comment