Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Currently Accepting Applications for Monkeys

So, friends, strangers, stalkers, and all others.  I am unemployed as of yesterday.  I haven't been without a job since college.  It's fucking scary as hell and it hasn't even been 24 hours.  There were a million reasons not to stay and only one to stay, the paycheck.  The million reasons caused me more stress and headache than the stress and headache that's slowly creeping in with the realization that I won't be getting a paycheck.

I have been looking for a new job for a long time.  A few months ago, retail was still something I was willing to do just to get out of my current situation.  I do NOT want to work in retail any longer.  The hours suck, working nights and weekends sucks, working on holidays sucks.  So now I am stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place, apply for retail positions because I need a job, I'm qualified, and I'm good at it, or hold out for something outside of retail that may pay less, but has better hours and might be better in the long run, with the chance I'll still have to get a retail job because without a J. O. B. I can't pay my B. I. L. L. S.

I would love to start my own business but don't know what that business would be.  There's many things I enjoy doing, but I don't think being crafty will make me enough money to survive.  (That's crafty in the Martha Stewart sense, not the Beastie Boys "crafty")

I'm still trying to write the screenplay for the Carols movie, but I'm realistic about the whole movie thing and know that it's a chance in a billion anything will ever come of it, even though it's fucking hilarious.

So, I'm here with my new best friend Mac, my laptop, searching for my own circus, worrying I'll be in a van down by the river soon, and hoping and praying that this leap of faith is going to pay off with a new job that I like and a life outside of that job that I can finally enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment