Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Did I Just Open the Pandora's Box of Job Searching?

Photo from:  Live on Your Own Terms
Yes, we all know I would love to make a career out of blogging.  I envy the people that blog and get paid for it.  You all probably know by now, I'm also looking for a job.  I thought posting on my social media accounts could get me some valuable leads or contacts.  After posting theses hashtag yesterday on a tweet, #ineedajob and #gottahaveaJOB.  I have already received two "junk" replies.  I say junk, because I'm not interested in multi-level marketing/sales (dirty pyramid schemes) and I don't live in North Carolina, where the career coach that contacted me conducts business. I understand that these people, like me, are using social media to build their audience or business and I don't fault them for that.  I'm just hoping I won't be inundated with a million replies that aren't beneficial to me, my world takeover, or my job seach.

I hope someone appreciates the second hashtag.  Babboo jokingly says it to me daily now...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90mFGwYJ0s8&feature=kp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkO9us2ZmGg

Also, the website where the picture came from is riddled with bad grammar.  It's borderline maddening. Just warning you.

No comments:

Post a Comment