Monday, June 30, 2014

Do It Right the First Time

I have been on Atkins for a little over 1 week now.  I have a total weight loss of, drum roll please.......ZERO POUNDS! Yes, that's right, a giant fucking goose egg, which I can eat on Atkins with bacon, but no toast.  It has been very frustrating getting on the scale every day and watching the scale go down, and then back up, and then back to my starting weight....The one good thing that has come about by doing Atkins, I know my will power is strong, and I am fairly certain that I can lose some LBs the right way, with a healthy diet and exercise.  If I can give up bread, pasta, and potatoes for over a week I can do absolutely ANYTHING.  I really don't want to get on the scale every day and be disappointed or angry and want to throw the damn thing out the window.  If my scale was a parrot, it would have the work "FUCK" as the primary word in its vocabulary.
The best thing about this diet was the meat I could eat, tons of protein, but I've grown tired of consuming all this protein (except the bacon).  It has also given me a new appreciation for salad.  A salad tastes like heaven to me.  I believe I can cut out soda for the most part and can only imagine how sweet a McDonald's coke would probably taste if I had one.
The hardest thing will be to reintroduce the carbs I love back into the diet.  I don't want to have that "HOLY SHIT, this tastes amazing!" moment, which spins me into the biggest carb binge known to man.  I'm pretty confident that won't happen, but I will need to steer clear of large containers of ice cream for awhile.  I might have to buy one of those mini containers, just to limit myself the first time I eat it.
I know most of you are probably thinking, "Jesus, you were only on it for a week, and you're saying you have will power?  If you had will power, wouldn't you be able to last longer than a week?"  My response, yes, after a week I can say I have will power and yes I could continue for longer than a week, which I may do to finish out my second week.  If you have attempted Atkins, you will understand.  If you haven't, don't, just do it the right way and don't waste your time.

1 comment:

  1. Just one week?! I swear you were on it at least three!😉

    ReplyDelete