Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I'm in No Mood For a Witty Title

I started watching Married At First Sight last night, sans popcorn, but Babboo got home from golf and did not want to watch it, so my "review" will have to wait until I finish it.

Today I'm in a blue mood.  I blame it on my period.  The only reason I don't lay in bed all day with a pound bag of peanut M&Ms is because the dogs won't let me.  I've been off of work long enough to feel like the biggest loser and I'm not talking the good kind of biggest loser, like the TV show.  I unfortunately have not lost even one pound, let alone multiple.  I guess it's good about the peanut M&M thing.

I've entered the poor me pity party, thanks to comparing myself to others I aspire to be like.  I find that a little ironic considering my recent post about the way people paint their perfect little lives on social media.  I should know better, but here I sit wallowing in self pity with no M&Ms in sight.  I really should keep a stash of those on hand for emergencies like this.  Hello, Mars Inc., will you be the major sponsor of my pity party?

I think my problem is I haven't had that passion and drive for something in a long time.  My jobs were NOT things I felt passionate about.  Maybe that is my fairy tale, a rewarding job, I feel passionate about, that allows me to pay my bills and have a comfortable life.

The Virgo in me says to break out the pen and paper, make some lists, cross things off the list and feel some sort of accomplishment to get help me back on track.  The hormonal me says drive to Rite Aid and buy some tampons, some Doritos, a Mt. Dew, and a bag of peanut M&Ms and let the pity party commence.  I'm sure all my male Facebook friends are loving this post (all the period references), which actually makes me giggle a little and feel slightly better.

While doing a little "research" for this post, I stumbled upon this article, How to Make People Uncomfortablewhich also made me feel better for a brief moment.  The general outward appearance section listed a few good ones, my favorites are in bold:


Finally, you can disturb others by donning certain apparel, such as:
  • Preppie clothing, Really this works?
  • Punk dress
  • Gothic dress
  • Bondage gear
  • Suits
  • Mismatched outfits
  • Parachute pants
  • Very short skirts
  • Turbans (if you wish to scare Americans), this one is so wrong....but still got a giggle
  • Sandals with socks underneath
  • Fishnet stockings
  • Butcher aprons, shit I do this all the time, no wonder I can't find a job!
At least I have this article for future reference.  What Pinterest board do I pin it to?  "It's All About Me" sounds like the right board, or maybe "Inspiration and Signs."  At least the sun is shining today.  I don't know if I could break myself out of my slump today if it were a down pour outside.  I'm posting and making a list.  I'll let you know how it goes or doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment