Tuesday, July 8, 2014

You're As Cold As Ice

Babboo and I are night and day when it comes to tolerating temperatures.  I easily get cold.  Pretty much anything below 72 degrees is cold to me.  I am not one of the crazy Michiganders who break out the summer wardrobe when spring temperatures break the 45 degree mark.  I am currently sitting on the couch in a sweatshirt with a blanket over my legs.  Babboo, on the other hand, is always hot.  In the summer the first thing he does inside the front door is take off his shirt.
In the winter, I go to bed with a t-shirt, sweatshirt, and flannel pajama bottoms on, and he is in boxers.  Two winters ago we made it through December without turning on the upstairs furnace.  I should say he easily made it, I barely made it.  Most nights I would start off with the hood of my sweatshirt up and my exposed nose was like an ice cube sitting on my face.

Picture Courtesy
The shower temperature is another story.  Usually, I was always the first up and showered, but now, due to my employment situation, he's been the one that takes a shower first.  I then turn the shower on to warm up, and without thought step in and the scalding hot setting he prefers, burns the first layer of my skin off.  It's like a scene from Silkwood minus the people scrubbing me down with steel wool loofahs.  I'm not sure how any human can stand the temperature of this water.  If I could endure the shower of geyser temp water, I bet you I would be 20 pounds lighter because my fat would start to melt off my body.

No need for a chemical peel for this girl.  Babboo's shower temp is a cheaper alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment