Friday, August 8, 2014

Choke on This Top 10 List

I do have a "About Me" link on this blog.  Some of the things I am going to say here might be listed there, I'm not really sure.  My inspiration for this post was from a link a friend shared on the Book Face.  This is who I am today.  I'm sure it will change the moment I press "Publish".

1.  I'm a forty-something female, living in the Mitten.
2.  I grew up in the great Hoosier state.
2.  I was raised Catholic and still consider myself a Catholic even though I don't agree with everything the Catholic church says I should.  I don't think that makes me a non-Catholic, or a "bad" Catholic, more like an opinionated Catholic and aren't all Catholics opinionated?
3.  I'm a Republican in many ways and Liberal in others, which will probably be pretty apparent from some things on this list.
4.  I'm heterosexual.  I've never really understood why it's called "being straight."  Are other people who aren't "straight" crooked?  I just find it to be a strange and maybe a derogatory way to say heterosexual.  I'll have to Google that.
5.  I am pro-choice.  Some of the other #2s are saying, "how can you call yourself a Catholic if you are pro-choice?"  Frankly, because I can.
6.  I believe I should have the right to "bear arms."  I also believe that right should be taken away from people under certain circumstances.
7.  I swear, a lot, but not to intentionally offend and I'm aware of the times when it is inappropriate to use swear words and refrain from doing so.
8.  I bitch about things other people do and turn around and do the same thing or act in a certain way, which contradicts what I say.  So I guess that makes me a hypocrite.  I think we all are hypocrites in some way.
9.  I think believe know I am a good person.
10.  I watch reality TV.  I'm torn between being embarrassed admitting that and just accepting that, in some sick way, it makes me feel really normal.

The one thing about me is, I will never "shove these down your throat."  It's who I am.  You are who you are.  It's ok to be different.  It's ok to disagree.  It's ok to have a intelligent debate with someone about something you don't see eye to eye on.  The problem is most people are too stupid to have an intelligent debate and just spew unintelligent, unsupported, BULL SHIT.  It's also important to know when it's just time to agree to disagree and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment