Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Don't Lose the Spark

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."  -Robin Williams

I learned of the death of Robin Williams sitting at the kitchen table last night.  I was stunned and saddened just like the rest of the world.  I sit here in the same chair today, after reading all the news articles still stunned.  A million thoughts have run through my head, but I can't seem to get the words just right, so I'm not even going to try.

I have never been in a place so dark that I would consider suicide to be my only choice.  It's difficult for me to understand, but my circumstances are not the same as one other person's in the world.  Everyone has different burdens and happiness.

My thoughts go out to the people who loved Robin Williams.  If anyone reading this is contemplating suicide, please choose to get help, ask for help, it is out there.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255

No comments:

Post a Comment