Friday, August 1, 2014

This Is Why I Don't Camp

Photo Courtesy of Mountain Monsters
Last week there was a Mountain Monsters marathon on all day and it was just playing in the background while I'd been doing things in the kitchen and during my nap.  I never realized there were so many creatures in West Virginia before, and so many I've never heard of.  The Devil Dog, Grassman, Wampus Beast, Lizard Demon, Sheepsquatch, and the Death Cat are a few of the 19 different "monsters" they have searched for in the episodes that have aired.


I have also added to my repertoire of sayings and slang to use.
     "I don't run worth a nickel, but I would if I saw this."
     "sumofabitch"
     "get some"
     "get 'er done"
     "booger rag"
     "not so much anymores"
     "neph u" or nephew for you and me
     "holla" short for "hollar," which is a valley

I also am surprised at the number of "witnesses" they find for each of these monsters.  In my opinion they are super credible too from the bits and pieces of the show I saw last week.
The season finale was that night and they were going after the Grassman ("big foot's bigger cousin, and king kong's smaller cousin") again for "revengeance."  For the sake of this blog entry, I am going to watch it right now, so I can put this one to bed, as they say......and it's a two part finale....hold please.

Guess what?  They found him, but couldn't capture him or get him on camera.  I can't wait until next season!
My only suggestion to the show, subtitles.

3 comments:

  1. Not so much anymores...hahahahah

    I would love camping if it weren't outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the "outdoors," its everything else that comes along with the outdoors: mosquitos, poison ivy, SNAKES, the lack of proper facilities...pretty much everything except the bonfire and the adult beverages by the bonfire.

      Delete