Saturday, October 18, 2014

Mommy Blogs

Since most of my Facebook friends are "mommies" I'm going to pray for forgiveness before I jump on my soap box.   I believe you all have a very hard job raising a child or children and trying your best to raise them to be descent people, not little ass holes that grow into adult ass holes.  I am also going to apologize to my blogger friends who write "Mommy Blogs."  I love you all, I read your blogs, your posts make me giggle, sometimes they make me want a kid or two, and most of the time your posts make me thank my lucky stars I don't have any children.
With that being said, I'm tired of all the "Mommy Blog" authors getting all the attention.  Their posts are shared all over the web.  They get invited on daytime talk shows to discuss their humorous posts or promote their mommy books.  Other Mommies identify with their posts about boogers, dirty diapers, first words, soccer games, and PTA. 
I guess there are very few of "me" out there.  Very few 40-something women, without kids, who have never been married, in the midst of a mid-life crisis, currently unemployed, and wondering what the hell to do with the rest of their lives.  That makes it hard to find like minded women to commiserate with or attract to read the blog and make me the popular blogger who gets invited to the Today show to talk about the days spent in pajamas writing the best selling book, that landed me on the show.  Oh well, I still love my pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment