Saturday, November 1, 2014

What the Hell Was I Wearing?!

I don't usually participate in the throw back Thursday pictures on Facebook.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not against TBT, but I just don't have the motivation to find old pictures to post.  I do enjoy seeing all the outfits we used to wear.  The polyester in the 70's, the argyle sweaters in the 80's, the bib overalls in the 90's.

They say everything old is new again and I totally agree.   Some fashion "designer" actually tried to bring back overalls recently.  I don't think that one caught on.  Neon came back, why, I have no clue.  Who actually looks good in glow in the dark yellow or that horrific green.  Jumpsuits also came back, again I ask why.  Who wants to have to manuever out of a jumpsuit in a public restroom while doing the pee dance.  I think Uggs are just reincarnated work boots that all the girls in college wore.  Let's just hope scrunchies and banana clips don't make a return.  (Amy, if you're reading this, nice try on the banana clip)          

What girl doesn't own 349 scarves these days.  Will we all look back at pictures 10 years from now and say, "Why the hell did I have a scarf on in July?"  Or will scarves have already made a comeback and we will dig them out of the bottom dresser drawer and call them vintage?


No comments:

Post a Comment