Sunday, January 25, 2015

I'm Still Here...Glad All of You Were So Worried

I found this in my drafts, not sure why I didn't post it.......

I haven't been here in a while and I'm sure you all were wondering and worrying about where I was.  I thought I would log on and find at least ONE comment asking where I was, but NOOOOOO.  I'm glad you all care so much!  Anyway....here's a bunch of random thoughts of what's going on.

I decided a part time job is better than no job, so I am working again.  It feels good to be in the land of the living and out of the pajamas during daylight hours.  The job is NOT the dream job I'm searching for, but it is mindless and it puts some $$$$ in my pocket.

I still need to decorate for Christmas and I'm starting to freak out a little since all I have up is a wreath above the fireplace.  I need 3 days, minimum, to decorate like I want to, but if I put up one of the trees this week, I'll feel better.

I've been obsessed with hand lettering and calligraphy lately.  I apologize to you that follow me on Pinterest.  I know I have bogged down your feed with letting pins and tonight, pins of quotes that I will use as practice.  I'm considering buying some calligraphy pens and just experimenting.  I'd really like to take a class or find some sort of "how to" to learn the basics.  I've decided my third "dream job" would be calligrapher.  I should have majored in graphic design.

As soon as the pond is frozen there will be an ice/hockey rink in the backyard.  I've been told there will also be lights put on the upper deck so there can be night games.  The last time I skated was in college. The sorority I was in did a philanthropic event, we ice skated with the visually impaired.  (Shelly if you are reading this, notice I didn't say the blind.)  That was 20 years ago and probably more pounds than years.  That means you will probably see injury pictures in the near future.

On a side note, as I was searching Facebook for a picture of the ice skating event, I found an album belonging to one of my sorority sisters title "FUPA Weekend."  I giggled.  Hopefully one of you will get the reference.  I apologize to the person who owns this album, I can't shut off this mind and its thoughts.

I have been to CVS twice today because  Babboo is under the weather.  I rarely get sick, but when I do, its the end of the world.  Along with the medicine I bought for Babboo, I got one of the nasal decongestant inhalers for myself.  For some reason I love the smell of vapor rub.  Maybe it will help with the constant sneezing at work.

Maybe someday soon I will have a cohesive post that isn't a bunch of random BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment