Thursday, January 8, 2015

Keep Calm and Have a Drink

Every time someone gets engaged, I get the urge to plan a wedding.  I think I have a million pins on Pinterest about wedding food, attire, reception ideas, invitations, save the date, you name it.  One idea I love is having a signature wedding cocktail.  I also love the drink menu signs.  I love this one from Etsy




I love gin and tonics, but I know not a lot of people like the "pine tree" drink, as some of my friends call it.  I think a cucumber gimlet is the perfect compromise.  The best cucumber gimlet I've had was at Ocean Prime, it's light and refreshing and super yummy.  Ocean Prime isn't hiding the recipe either, I found this right on their website.  I suggest mixing up a few the next time you want to have something different, and of course order one if you go to Ocean Prime.  



CUCUMBER GIMLET RECIPE
This drink is SOOOO good.  I love gin so this one is a no brainer to order. 



Cucumber GimletIngredients:1 ½ oz. Bombay Sapphire Gin1 oz. Freshly squeezed lime juice1 oz. Simple syrup4 to 5 Slices of cucumber
Preparation:1)    Fill glass with ice2)    Add cucumber, fresh lime and simple syrup to a mixing tin3)    Muddle with three ice cubes until the cucumber is dissolved4)    Add ice to the mixing tin to fill it halfway5)    Shake gently and strain into iced glass and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment