Friday, April 10, 2015

Girls Only

Photo courtesy of TVLand
I wasn't sure what I was going to watch now that Walking Dead is done, Girlfriend's Guide to divorce finished it season, and anything else I watch I've pretty much caught up on.  Then last night, as I was going through On Demand I found the show Younger on TVLand.  This is a total chick show, and I found it hilarious.  Darren star is the producer, you know Darren star who also produced Melrose Place, 90210, and Sex and the City.  How can it be bad if Darren star is producing it.

In a nutshell the show is about a 40 year old woman, Liza, who is divorcing her cheater husband and is trying to get a job after a 15 year hiatus to take care of her daughter.  The job market is filled with mean, 20 something girls who won't give Liza a chance, so she pretends to be in her twenties and actually lands a job.  Along the way she meets a very attractive "dude" who has no idea she is 40 and not 26.

Hillary Duff plays Kelsey who befriends Liza and unknowingly assists Liza with the new "ways" of publishing, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and also the "ways" of 20-something women in the corporate world.

One of my favorite scenes, that really did make me LOL (I might start pretending I'm in my 20's) takes place in the locker room at the gym.  Liza takes off her clothes to change after her workout and shocks one of the other girls with her "bush."  "It looks like my mother's vagina," Lauren says, "can I put the bush up on Instagram?"  Liza's reply, "I just got back from 3 years in India, and for your information, I call it a Wisconsin."  Too fucking funny.

Check it out, it's really funny and quite frankly I want everyone to watch it so it sticks around for a long time.  TVLand on Tuesdays.

1 comment:

  1. I found it on Hulu and watched the first few episodes all at once. I really like it too. The main actress used to be on a cute show called Bunheads on ABC Family. Hopefully this show lasts longer than that one did!

    ReplyDelete