Friday, April 3, 2015

How To Stand Out in A Crowd

Photo from Inspire Fusion.
If anyone would have asked me 20 years ago how to stand out in a crowd, I probably would have referred to a person's appearance.  Dye your hair pink, wear a crazy hat, or buy one of those leashes that looks like you're walking an invisible dog (I always wanted one of those).  Fast forward to today, after six months of job searching and my answer is, I have no fucking clue.  I've always been the type of person that was super confident, not cocky or over confident, just sure of myself.  I believed if I put my mind to it, I would and could do anything (within reason).  Here I am today writing a post and waving a white flag of surrender.  Stick a fork in me, I'm done.  The fat lady sang.  Finito.

 I still believe I can do anything, I'm smart, I'm driven, I have a desire to succeed and be the best, and I'll put the work in to be the best.  I'm just so discouraged with my job search.  In my last job I would have hired me on the spot.  I would have wanted to clone me and have a staff of me.  So many companies want years and years of experience and won't even consider someone that doesn't have that. Now listen, I'm not applying to be a neurosurgeon, I'm applying for outside sales positions.  Product knowledge can be learned, current reps do it all the time when a new product launches.  You can't learn how to be personable or how to build relationships with your customers.  THROW A GIRL A BONE HERE!!!!!

So, here I am on a Friday, searching through different job postings, researching companies, and praying to God I catch a break soon.  As always, if you know someone, who knows someone, who has a cousin who could give me that break, let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment