Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Saved By The Dinner Bell

Babboo and I like to cook. Actually I should rephrase that, Babboo does the majority of the cooking and I'm the sous chef/cleaner, AKA kitchen bitch. Can I cook, yes. Does Babboo believe I can cook, no. What he forgets is that I have helped him so much that I could easily replicate any of his barbecue dishes, brisket, ribs, pork shoulder, etc.

Since we both enjoy cooking and eating (our scale will attest to that), we both like to watch the Food Network. Babboo's favorite is Bobby Flay and I love Trisha Yearwood and Ree Drummond. We both like to watch Guy Fieri, not only on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, but also Guy's Big Bite. I really want to be friends with Trisha and I think Guy would be awesome to sit and have cocktails with. If either of you are reading this, call me.

There are a few shows/hosts I'm less than thrilled over, but I'll refrain from listing how this person or that person, bugs the shit out of me.

I'm actually lying in bed watching the Food Network right now and painfully writing this on my phone. I was surprised to see Tiffani Thiessen has a show on the network now. I half assed watched the show while composing this and the jury is still out on whether or not it is Snarky approved.  I like Tiffani's personality and what she cooked looked good, but the premise of the show is that she cooks at home for her friends.  Now, I don't know about you, but when I cook at home I am not in a nice dress, nor do our friends arrive in suit jackets and dresses like they are attending a 5 start restaurant.  Our food may be 5 stars, but our vibe is more laid back.  Hell family dinner is served on paper plates, with paper napkins, solo cups, and plastic utensils.  This wouldn't be my first choice, but it makes the kitchen bitch's clean up a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment