Wednesday, July 22, 2015

$25 A Pound for Bologna?!

Photo courtesy Edelweiss Deli
Who, in their right mind, would pay $25 a pound for bologna? This girl, that's who.  Babboo's birthday is today and he wanted to try Schweinebauch from Edelweiss Deli in Portland, Oregon.  Living in the Mitten, I couldn't just jump in the car and pick up a few pounds, so I've been diligently visiting their website to see if it was back in stock for shipping.  Sunday was my lucky day and I submitted my order for the minimum 3 pounds along with a pound of rosemary garlic bologna.  I clicked "checkout," entered in my shipping info and up popped the total with the shipping charges, $109.  Yep, that's not a typo, one-hundred nine dollars.  Babboo told me not to order it when I told him the total with shipping, but he's totally worth it so I did.  The UPS man should be knocking on the door tomorrow with a package of meat, B-O-L-O-G-N-A.  Sing the song you know you want to.  I'll post our review after we sample the deliciousness.  It's wrapped in bacon, how could it possibly be bad?

2 comments:

  1. OK guys, the bologna was DELICIOUS!!!!! Totally worth the $$$$. Next time I will buy more and hopefully the shipping won't go up too much. Go order yourself some, like, NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add me to the list, but by mistake.

    I went to our local healthfood store recently and got pastrami with my cart full of stuff, because Shane needs lunches. I got so FEW things for my almost $400 receipt at that store, that I took a PHOTO OF THE TRUNK--NOT FULL OF BAGS, like "seriously? *this* is $385.00 worth of food???"

    Once I looked down the receipt lines, I realized that I paid $16.00 and some change for THREE QUARTERS OF A POUND of pastrami. $22 a POUND? What. the. heck. Was it from a unicorn?

    *whispers* we actually threw out the last of it because it started smelling funny. shhhhhhh

    *gag* *eye roll* *slaps self around some more*

    ReplyDelete