Friday, August 7, 2015

I Smell Notebook Paper and Sharpened Pencils

I love summer.  I love everything about summer except the mosquitoes of course.  I love going out on the lake.  I love bonfires at night.  I love fresh fruits and veggies from the farmers' market.  Summers in Michigan are amazing.  My perfect place to live would be here with two seasons, Summer and Fall, oh and snow on 2 days, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

August always feels like the beginning of the end of Summer.  I loathe August 1st.  It's a little depressing because my first love will always be summer.  The one thing that always made it better was back to school shopping.  Not necessarily for the clothes, but the school supplies.  I'm sitting here right now contemplating going shopping for some college ruled notebooks, a new planner, and some Sharpies.  No, I am not in school and no, I do not have kids that are in school, I'm just one of those people that love school supplies.

My absolute kryptonite is a new planner.  God, how I love a new planner.  I would have five or six if I could, but I'm not that busy or important and it would be a little sad transferring birthdays, anniversaries, and other important dates into 6 planners and then having nothing else to plan for.  That means I usually only purchase one or two planners and enter my important stuff into those.

I'm fascinated by the planners that people use as journals.  Short entries with doodles and pictures.  I'm thinking of giving it a try.  I just hope I'm a little better at daily entries in the planner than I am at daily blog posts.  Want to see what I'm talking about, head over to my Pinterest Journal Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment