Friday, September 11, 2015

What Would Stuart Do? Surviving My Mid-life Crisis


How's the saying go, "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach."  I've realized something lying here in bed, I should have been a life coach.  I can't seem to get my own shit together, but I'm fucking awesome at giving advice to other people about getting their lives in order.
I can very easily analyze someone else's situation and then say let's break this down into small digestible bits and figure out why you feel this way, what are the outside influences, what do you want the outcome to be, and then help you devise a SMART plan to reach your goals.
Now there's me. I can identify my problem. I can analyze the situation. I can understand what the outside influences are. I know what I want the outcome to be. I can devise a SMART plan to reach my goals. After all that, I somehow sabotage myself every fucking time. My failure doesn't come from any of the analysis or planning, it's the execution or lack of. It's so frustrating.  I'm a Virgo, I should have this shit down pat by now.
Maybe I need to find a small project to plan and finish to get my mojo back. Maybe because I'm still looking for a job I am paralyzed by underlying feelings that I basically suck at life right now. I'm sure I can get my shit together at some point, because just like Stuart Smalley says, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment